Fundraise for Us
- Hold a cake sale at your local fair, or a similar village or church occasion.
- Get your local landlord to hold a karaoke evening, talent competition or quiz night and donate the entry fees to Taylan's Project.
- Host a dinner party, murder mystery night or cheese and wine evening and ask friends to pay to attend.
- Hold a yoga or Zumba class in the park.
- Devise an Easter egg hunt or a family fun run.
- Organise an eighties disco or a fancy dress disco, or combine the two!
- Ask for donations instead of birthday, wedding or Christmas presents.
- Celebrate your birthday by taking part in a challenge.
- Take part in a sponsored silence or swim.
- This one is for the men - shave your head or wax your chest and legs! A classic!
- And now the ladies - organise an indulgence, pampering or shopping evening!
- Match giving - ask your employer to match what you raise.
- Hold a coffee morning at home for parents and toddlers.
- Organise a sweepstake.
- Organise an office Olympics with games like speed typing and synchronised chair-swivelling.
- Get friends and family to sponsor you for completing a distance on a treadmill or rowing machine.
- Organise a football tournament or race night.
- Take part in a triathlon, marathon or bike ride.
We can provide you with sponsorship forms, promotional materials and collection tins and help you to plan your event. Just contact us, let us know what you're thinking of doing and we will be able to assist.
Top Tips for Fundraising Events
The following advice might well help with your thinking.
- Decide on what you want to do and think about who may be interested - there's no sense in 10 blokes organising a coffee morning!
- Think about where you can hold your event e.g. home, workplace, hotel, local pub or village hall.
- Choose a date that doesn't clash with any other local events or major national events e.g. church fetes, cup finals or national holidays.
- Think about the best way of raising money e.g. selling cakes, holding a raffle draw, selling tickets. Decide how much sponsorship you are hoping to raise, but remember to be realistic as well as ambitious.
- Let people know. Use your social media pages (like Facebook and Twitter) and ours too.
- Email people that you know and tell your neighbours and local businesses what you are doing and why.
- Ask your family and friends to help and to ask people that they know too.
- Set up a JustGiving page if you are taking part in a challenge and want people to make online donations.
- Contact your local paper or radio station and tell them what you are doing and the reason behind it. We can give you tips and advice on how to write a ‘press release'.
- Ask local businesses to donate prizes or make a donation.
- Tell us what you are doing and ask us for posters, leaflets, tins and buckets.
- Send us your pictures and any news from the event.
- Have fun and enjoy the occasion.
- Oh, and lastly, please collect the money raised and send us a cheque!