Parliamentary Lobby 2012 - a great success!
Patients, carers, supporters, charities and scientists from across the UK converged on Westminster to lobby MPs
Photo credit: Brain Tumour Research
Brain tumour patients, carers, supporters, charities, scientists and staff from Brain Tumour Research and other members of the Brain Tumour Consortium were at Parliament to highlight the need for MPs and Government to do more in the campaign against brain tumours.
MPs were asked to:
- Sign a pledge to do more to highlight brain tumours
- Distribute a press release template and photograph of them signing the pledge so that they can raise awareness of the issue (and symptoms) in their local press
- To sign an Early Day Motion (EDM) drawing attention to these statistics
- To back a new Number 10 e-petition (once the current one by Rachel Clark lapses in June)
MPs have also been asked to maintain pressure on Government to deliver:
- Earlier, more accurate diagnosis
- Implementation of NICE's improving outcomes guidance - consistently applying best practice along the patient pathway
- An increase in spend on research to reflect the true number of people affected by brain tumours
To get involved in future lobbying please email Sue at Brain Tumour Research